SOLVED Carbon Copy Cloner

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of discussion about people using CCC and was curious to try it. I installed the trial in Ventura 13.1 on a 2019 MacBook Pro and everything works fine, but I am confused about how to use CCC. I have a NAS which all of my Macs see and use as a TM backup destination. It doesn't seem possible to create a disk image using CCC with the destination as a NAS, at least I couldn't figure out how to anyway. I was able to back up my user's data directory to my NAS though, so I am doing that as we speak. Normally, I don't care about backing up an OS because I can always reinstall. The only bad part is having to reinstall apps. Data I always back up. Of course it seems easier/faster to back up a disk to an image and then restore the image, rather than backing up data, reinstalling the OS and then reinstalling apps and restoring the data.

Is CCC only capable of creating images on local drives or external (USB) drives?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

CCC works best with a directly connected external drive. It doesn't support a networked NAS, since it creates a bootable clone.

C

Ask a Question