can't open webpages

Reaction score
I have an ibook g4 using osx 10.5.4 and been unable to open a long used trusted web page. I've reset safari, and, unplugged my router and wireless and restarted.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
It works here for me .... I get a School Of Tokyo log-in screen ... have you emptied Safari's Cache and tried removing Cookies? The cookies can be found in Safari ~> Preferences. Be aware that if you delete cookies you will need to know the username/password so you can log back into your favourite sites.

I would also recommend you log into another User Acct and test the web browser there ...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are you the Admin or do you know the Admin Username / Password? That's a prerequisite ...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Before we continue with the other user acct, can you post what you see when you try to go to that web page ... including any error messages ...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
So, you can browse your usual sites except the one in mention?

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

What about a hard reset of your modem/router?

I have had the same problem with one of the other forums I frequent, exactly that same error message but I can browse other sites without error. It's very frustrating!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
go to your modem and turn it off for 30 seconds ... pull the ethernet cable out too ... after 30 secs connect it back up. It'll take a while to start ... then restart your Mac and let me know how you get on.q

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Why don't you try using this URL:

http://montessorijapan.com/

Then click the "Parents" link in the left column.

Are you accessing this website from a bookmark? If so, delete the bookmark and use google to go to the website ....

Have you tried another web browser, like Firefox?

Other than that I'm at a loss for what to say ... as I said earlier, I have serious trouble accessing another mac forum, like being constantly logged out, or receiving the same error you are seeing ... or just seeing a blank white page .... there is no consistency with it and no one at the forum can figure out what's the cause ... I just have to grow to put up with it and try to work around it.

That's not good enough and I don't really know why you are having problems with your web site ...

Try googling it then click on the "Cached" link underneath the result:

20100908-t6kcauw7cf2c6qp2j1jr97uqfk.jpg

Also you can try tinyurl:

http://tinyurl.com/

Just enter the URL address of the website you can't access into the text field and click the "Make TinyURL!"

Then another window opens with the new shorter URL which if clicked or copied/pasted into the URL address field, will or *should* take you to the Montesorri School of Tokyo website

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's a mystery. I have tried googling and am unable to access the page that way either, I feel as if the problem is with my router, or my server, or isp or something like that.

Usually I'm able to figure this stuff out eventually, but this has me baffled.

Thanks again for your suggestions and time.

Ask a Question