Can't open I photo from external hard drive

Reaction score
I have a mac book pro 10.6.8. I used time machine to make a full copy of all its content. Backup hard drived used was a 2TB My Passport for Mac. My plan is to eliminate some of the many photos I have on the Mac Book in order to free up some space. I would then use the backup on the hard drive for my I Photo use. When I hold down the option key and launch I Photo, it does not show that I photo library is on the back up hard drive. How do I access the library from my backup hard drive? Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
When I hold down the option key and launch I Photo, it does not show that I photo library is on the back up hard drive.

Time Machine is accessible through the Time Machine app itself along with other supported apps like Mail.app etc … you can't launch a backed up library using the Option key whilst clicking on the iPhoto app icon.

If you launch iPhoto app then enter Time Machine, you *should* then see your backed up iPhoto library which is on the ext HD.

Ask a Question