Can't open document after trying to rename.. And his the extension

Reaction score
Hello, I completed a lot of work on a pages document then went to change the name (I obviously didn't know how to do this properly) and went to 'get info' and changed the name in the box. The hide extension box was clicked but again I didn't realise what this meant.. Now the file won't open in pages and appears as a folder with a 'JPEG' of the first page of the document. How do I change it back so I can read and edit the full document again.. I've read in some places that I shouldn't change the name when hiding extensions as I can lose it.. I just really hope there's some way of reversing as it was a lot of work!

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to hear this, changing a pages doc to a JPEG2000 is handy when sharing with an old Windows user, it's sort of old school but you never do this to your original doc, sorry I don't know if a way back.

To change a file name highlight it then click once and a blue name box will apiear so you can change its name.

Ask a Question