Can't install mac os x in a macbook. help please ;)

Reaction score
hi @ll...
i am new in this forum, and i will start with my problem... but also got some years of experience with mac's, so will try to help others when my skills allow me to... at the moment stuck on the macbook of my friend..

the macbook is an intel core duo, and the hard disk die.. i replace it, all is good, i did 2 partitions , one for system another to store(my friend is a builder, to keep the mac osx safe from his hands) i did that connecting the macbook to my mac pro by firewire, all was going good! i disconnected from my mac pro...

the macbook have another little problem, the dvd-r is not working, so i plug a external dvd-r into the macbook USB. Then i start the macbook pressing key C to start installing mac osx(wich is the original cd's of the macbook) The installation start, all goes well untill arrive to 97% of cd 1 and get stuck, tryed few times, and sometimes when need to change to cd2 the screen just get all blue, with not windows message and dont allow me to change a cd 2...

been reeding a lot, and found in mac support to remove aftermarket rams if i had this problem, did so, back to original 2 x ram of 256, (before 2gigas aftermarket ram) but still doing same thing...

i am losing my head! you know what i mean, been working on it 2 long days!!!
any help will be very appreciate! thanks a lot!

Ask a Question