Canon printer not printing

Reaction score
My printer, a Canon iP3000 on this iMAC G4 has recently refused to print, with a message

' an error ocurred while printing - not enough memory'.

This is a new situation with everything else working ok.

I only have one program running at a time, like webpage or Entourage, so I'm not clogging up "cache" memory, (although I only have the 256k that came this mac).

My instinct tells me to unistall the printer drivers, but I cannot find out how to.

Anybody able to help, it would be nice to know how to uninstall programs on a mac...nothing in the book with this PC.

Thanks in advance, as I'm also new to this site today, just joined today!
Robin UK

Reaction score
How old is the printer? I ask because I had a Canon that worked perfectly then suddenly stopped for no reason. I tried everything to get it going again: new cartridges, new print head, re-installed the software but nothing worked, and in the end and after spending quite a lot of money I scrapped it. I wonder if Canons have some sort of built-in obsolescence that makes them pack up after a while? Could be something else, of course.

Reaction score
hey! to un-install the driver(app) it will be either in the application folder(just look around for printers, canon, print etc) then in the folder there will be a uninstall

ScreenShottttt1-1.png

ScreenShottttt2.png

and if all else fails spotlight is your friend ;)

Reaction score
try going to the cannon website (or google it) for the newest driver for your OS

and try it on another machine before you jump the gun

Ask a Question