Cannot log into FreeIPA from OSX Al Capitan

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a FreeIPA (LDAP) server running but I cannot log into it. I based myself on this document
http://linsec.ca/using_freeipa_for_user_authentication/

I did not do the Kerberos part, as I don't really want SSO. I just need the authentication part against the LDAP.

I configured it all and I can see the users and groups and when I use dscacheutil, I can clearly see the values in my terminal. It's giving me the uid, full name, and even see that's it's sending a password. However, I cannot use it for logging it. It refuses me, even when I try to "su myusername" in Terminal.

The directory server is working, I use it for logins in Redmine, SVN and Joomla. However, in most of the cases I use LDAPS over port 636 and in this document it's stated not to use SSL. Also, when I use it, I use authentication to get into the server. In "Directory Utility", as soon as I try any of them, SSL or authentication, it stops communicating to the server. So only anonymous access towards the FreeIPA server. The FreeIPA server is running on CentOS 7.

Any ideas what is wrong, either on the server on in the OSX config ?

Kind regards and all thanks for the help !
Yves

*El Capitan, of course, in the title

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, this is outside of my experience level. I would suggest trying to contact their support or to find a another support forum specifically for their software.

Sorry I couldn't help you out more,

C

Ask a Question