Cannot install compressor

Reaction score
Help me!...please

I have had FCP5 including compressor installed for ages, compressor was deleted a few weeks back, I have tried to reinstall but compressor is "greyed out", not ticked and says skip. I have removed reciepts and done pretty much everything I can think of and am now really tearing my hair out over this. I have totally unistalled FCP, still when I reinstall it will not install compressor, last resort is to reinstall the OS and start from scratch but I really do not want to do this. I have spoken to apple but as the software is passed it 90 days they want £150 to help me. Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks

justin

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

Ohh thats funny I have a special on at the minute, £149 !

All payments via paypal to (e-mail address removed)

;-)

Only kidding.

I would presume that there is a receipt still there somewhere that is stopping it from installing...are you deffinately sure they have all been deleted.

If you have already been on this for a couple of days...bite the bullet, back up and reinstall the lot, OS as well. This will be the quickest in the long run, it always is.

Have you done all of this...

regards

Ric

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I realise this may appear silly and not related but if you use Little Snitch, check that it's not at the bottom of your issue. There may have been a rule created in Little Snitch for it to block Compressor opening Network Connections .... just a thought ...

Reaction score
Thanks for both replies, I have tried all of that, have searched the web for days now, maybe I will just have to reistall the OS!

Ric

Reaction score
...sounds like it will be the easiest option to get it going !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question