Can I monitor another computer in office.

Reaction score
Is there any way I can monitor whats going on on another computer in my office from mine.We are a small business and I feel someone isn't working as they should be.

Reaction score
yes there are 2 ways depending on how much you want to spend

Apple Remote Desktop Cost money but is very very good

Chicken of the VNC Free and you can view

For either to work you have to set it up on the computer to be monitored do this in System Preferences --> sharing
make sure apple remote desktop is checked and you have to set the access Privileges
and for Chicken of the VNC you have to have VNC checked and set a password

Ric

Reaction score
Turn all the desks round so that the monitors are facing 'out'...

Be careful monitoring other peoples computers...the staff may revolt if they find out !

If you don't own the company...make sure your Bosses are aware of what you are doing, otherwise it could be you that ends up in trouble.

You should really make sure that there is something in each employees Terms and conditions that states the company may monitor PC activity...

If the company has a decent hardware Firewall you can also use the logs from that to see what machine is viewing what websites...when !

You would need each Machine to be assigned a static IP address though, for this to work efficeintly...

Another vote for ARD, I have used it extensively.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question