Can I link a Mac cinema display A1081 to a pc? I attached a Mac DVI to pc vga adapter but the pc is not recognising the Mac screen

Reaction score
can I link a Mac cinema display A1081 to a pc? I attached a Mac DVI to pc vga adapter but the pc is not recognising the Mac screen

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which model version is the display: Cinema Display (20-inch DVI) or Cinema Display (20-inch DVI Late 2005)?
  • Both should be able to connect to a "Windows PC with DVI ports that support full single link digital bandwidth."
  • The Apple DVI to VGA display adapter was specially designed to allow users to connect their DVI equipped PowerBook G4 or Power Mac G4 to an external VGA monitor or projector for 24-bit video-mirroring or dual display.
I don't recall a way to change a DVI display to enable connection to a PC VGA port, as DVI is digital and VGA is analog. You may need a fairly expensive video converter.

C

Ask a Question