Chrome - Blue Over Visited Link Possibly Mac Only

Reaction score
im new to chrome and dont want that blue(looks like you copied something) left there when i open a link in a new tab

can you get rid of it. i think it mite be mac or whatever, its done it for years

i asked on chrome support no help

thread-112796510-1972770104360970586.png

Reaction score
missed the point, theres an image. when i hit any link, on google even, to go to another site. theres what is exactly when you copy text over the link i hit. but i didnt hover over it, i just hit a simple link

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

If you are referring to the blue highlight around Agent Terms and Conditions, then that looks like it has been double-clicked to highlight it. It shouldn't do that by simply clicking on it once to follow the link.
  • Could it be you are double-clicking the link instead of single-clicking?
  • Did you install any Chrome Extensions?
  • Did you change any settings in Chrome?
  • It doesn't do that in Safari, correct?
If you have had the issue for a while, then it could be related to Accessibility as Lufbrarunner mentioned, expecially if it isn't new to Chrome.

C

Reaction score
as long as theres been chrome, on any mac ive had, ill use google search results as an example so everyone understands. i just hit any link, it opens in a new tab, and the, what looks like youve copied text, is over the link

the last time i searched google with chrome it was still doing it. i just went to take a screenshot of that and its no longer doing that, out of the blue, i know i didnt change anything in chrome or mac

just like in the image in the first post. but its still doing it when i open any other link. all im doing is opening a link, right click, it puts the blue on there

im unsure what i would be looking for in Accessibility

Reaction score
as long as theres been chrome, on any mac ive had, ill use google search results as an example so everyone understands. i just hit any link, it opens in a new tab, and the, what looks like youve copied text, is over the link

the last time i searched google with chrome it was still doing it. i just went to take a screenshot of that and its no longer doing that, out of the blue, i know i didnt change anything in chrome or mac

just like in the image in the first post. but its still doing it when i open any other link. all im doing is opening a link, right click, it puts the blue on there

im unsure what i would be looking for in Accessibility

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 10.27.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 10.27.20 AM.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
Chrome >Preferences > Advanced > Accessibility, check if "Show a quick highlight on focused object" is checked.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I think I see what is happening. I tried right-clicking on a link and chose Open Link in New Tab on several websites and it leaves the blue highlight on the link on the original page, just as in your description. It does this in all browsers I tried: Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, but not on every website.

I wonder if there may be a Chrome Extension that you can add that will automatically open links in a another tab without adding the highlight? And of course, the highlight will change color depending on what you have System Preferences... > General > Highlight color set to.

C

Ask a Question