Camera no longer working after installing new LCD

Reaction score
So I had shattered by LCD and last night I finally got around to removing the cracked glass (not fun) and installed a new LCD. After getting it back together I noticed that the isight camera wiould no longer work. So i took a look at the connections which are at the top of the LCD bezel and noticed that a tiny ribbon cable had been pulled out of the card on the left which I believe is the bluetooth card. I tried reinserting it and it just folded up on me, and is now bent and unusable as the slot it is suppose to plug into on the bluetooth card has come unattached from the board as well.

The camera will turn on in applications such as iVideo however it won't actually record or display an image on the screen.

I get no errors and the isight camera does appear installed in System Profiler. I also tried resetting the SMC and still no luck.

Wondering could the fact that it's not plugged into the Bluetooth card be causing it to not work correctly? Or what do I need to all replace?

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WONDERFUL!

Reaction score
It is not normal to replace the LCD, the replacement part is the whole top case.

Yes, things don't work if your don't plug them back in. I'm impressed you got it to work at all, congrates.

Reaction score
Well I figured it out, replaced the camera and the chip that plugs into it and is back up and working just fine.

Ask a Question