Buy now or wait a few months?

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking about getting a MacBook in a few months.

Having never used Apple computers or Mac OS X before I have some 'n00b' questions (which I'm sure have been asked a thousand times before, sorry in advance) I will search the forum first before posting to try not to be too annoying.

My first question: I understand that OS X Leopard is due for release in October, it it worth waiting until Leopard (and iLife '07 ?) come bundled with the MacBook rather than buying now have having to purchase the upgrade later..

Thanks,
Steve.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

please feel free to ask away !

If you wait then it'll possibly save you a bit of money...

You could buy the MacBook now and then buy the Leopard OS when it comes out and the iLife 07 (I think this is changing to "iLife Leopard" not 07).

...but it if it doesn't come out in October then you will be waiting even longer !

It all depends on what you need and when you want to start using it !

There is always a new Mac/OS just around the corner...

If you are not ready to buy till a few months anyway, then June, July, August only leave you waiting September and a bit of October....

I don't think though that you would be disappointed by buying it now though !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I will wait until October as I'm not quite ready yet.

I'm also hoping that by that time 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' will have DirectX support.

Steve.

Ask a Question