Browser Crashes

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 8GB, using RAM I bought from Crucial. Ever since the upgrade my web browsers keep crashing. I've tried using different ones, since initially it was just Firefox. Then Chrome started, and now Safari is crashing as well. Sometimes they'll work for a few hours before crashing. Other times they'll crash as soon as I open them and crash two or three more times before I can get them going. I'm running a mid-2010 MacBookPro with OS X 10.10.3. Help?

Reaction score
Do you still have the original 4GB of RAM "sticks"? If you do, remove the ones from Crucial, and run your machine with just the old RAM.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 8GB, using RAM I bought from Crucial. Ever since the upgrade my web browsers keep crashing. I've tried using different ones, since initially it was just Firefox. Then Chrome started, and now Safari is crashing as well. Sometimes they'll work for a few hours before crashing. Other times they'll crash as soon as I open them and crash two or three more times before I can get them going. I'm running a mid-2010 MacBookPro with OS X 10.10.3. Help?

In Console there will be a log file, when the browser crashes you can check the log & paste it here for us to check

Ask a Question