Broken up image files

Reaction score
I have a bunch of files a customer is asking me to look at. They have extension .AD3 .ADD . AEX etc. These look to be some sort of split files from an older MAC. Does anyone have an idea what the software was and if there is an alternative out there for OSX or Windows?

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Those file types are most likely:

.AD3 - Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation 3-bit Compressed Voice
.ADD - Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer Documentation Format
.AEX - Adobe After Effects

Not sure about the first two, but Adobe After Effects may be able to open the .AEX files.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Those file types are most likely:

.AD3 - Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation 3-bit Compressed Voice
.ADD - Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer Documentation Format
.AEX - Adobe After Effects

Not sure about the first two, but Adobe After Effects may be able to open the .AEX files.

Hope that helps,

C

Thanks but that is not what these files are. Each file is named in order such as kioll3ed.AE1 then kioll3ed.AE2 etc. The extension are made up. I was told they use a spit program on an older mac. It was an Apple program used to spit larger files into chunks to be able to send via slow dial up connections. Then they would be put back together by the receiver. If one file failed or was corrupted you could just resend that portion. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the Mac program...... I think the last MAC to have the software was the Power Mac.

Thanks

Ask a Question