How to retrieve info from broken iphone

Reaction score
i recently dropped my iPhone (had unfortunately lost my otter box) and unable to see the screen. So what is the best program for retrieving data, down loading to a new phone and is it possible to fix this iPhone 5s?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What kind of damage to the iPhone - shattered screen, damaged case, etc.?
-Were you using iCloud backup?
-Have you ever synced the iPhone with a computer?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

C
Following Cory's response, I think, if you had done all the things he suggested, you ought to be able to regain all your stuff by 'restoring' to a new I-phone from i-cloud. Same ought to be possible with this new 'phone if it is set up exactly as the damaged one was - in the manner of transferring everything you would have done if swapping to another 'phone. Same account details throughout of course.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

C
Shattered screen and the screen is now a blob of lines with red background. I have synced to the computer. I have contacts, photo, music, email all on my computer and my broken iPhone. I am not tech savvy so help if you can simple terms please.
I have my computer backed up but never have used iCloud.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If you are satisfied you have all of your data synced to your Mac, you can then proceed to get the iPhone repaired/replaced. The best way would be to make an appointment at an Apple Store near you. They will be able to give you the options and may actually be able to help transfer your information if the iPhone can still be synced to a Mac. Still, it is good that you have your data backed up to your Mac.

C

Ask a Question