booting problems after logic board replacement

Reaction score
My new macbook had its logic board replaced recently (it suffered from the dreaded narcolepsy some percentage of macbooks seem to develop). It behaves well now, except that when it is shutdown (rather than put to sleep), it will not properly reboot. I need to do a clearing of the PRAM in order to get it to boot.

Does this sound like a hardware issue (something botched in the logic board fix) or something else?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers

Reaction score
(I should have said I was using OS X 10.4.7 in my previous post. I have a 2 GHZ machine with 1 GB of RAM.)

I have updated to OS X 10.4.8 and have installed firmware update 1.0. These updates seem to have eliminated the problem I was having rebooting. My macbook seems to be behaving well now.

Just to note, the reboot after these installs took a while, which initially caused me concern. As well, it rebooted at some point in the reboot cycle, though I think this was by design. After rebooting, the firmware upgrade ran and a further reboot was required.

I've done several restarts to test, but the behaviour seems normal.

Hopefully this is the last of my macbook problems. I should say that I've found the heat management improved with the install of my new logic board. Intel chips are notorious for heat issues, so I'll be watching as these macbooks have quite a tight configuration for chips in them.

Cheers

Reaction score
Hello mmaclean05 and Welcome!

Glad to hear you got everything worked out. Yes, that rebooting is by design. Another suggestion for you is to do this:

Goto your applications folder --> Utilities --> Disk Utility --> Make sure the First Aid tab is selected --> Click your Macintosh HD on the left side --> click Repair Disk Permissions. After that's done, restart your computer. That should help correct some things as well.

Ask a Question