problems booting

Reaction score
Whenever I go to start up my mac mini, I am getting an error. I turn it on and it starts to boot up like normal, however after the "loading OS X" box disappears, it goes to a blue screen. After the blue screen, it goes to a black screen with this:
Darwin/BSD (dereks-mac-mini.local) (console)
login:

grgdfgpz2.png

I had not done anything different, or installed any new programs. It just happened out of the blue. I tried putting in my OS X disc and holding C during startup two times. The first time it never went to the black screen, it just stayed at the blue screen for about 20 minutes. The second time it booted up and went to the black screen as if I had not been holding C. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am using OS X 10.4

karazelle

Reaction score
Whenever I go to start up my mac mini, I am getting an error. I turn it on and it starts to boot up like normal, however after the "loading OS X" box disappears, it goes to a blue screen. After the blue screen, it goes to a black screen with this:
Darwin/BSD (dereks-mac-mini.local) (console)
login:

Try to login using your short name and password, then run "fsck" and see if anything comes up, then type "reboot"...

Ask a Question