Bootcamp + windows 7

Reaction score
Hi,

So I got a Windows 7 Ultimate install DVD for christmas, and I was wondering if I was able to install it on my mac. I have bootcamp 3.0.4 (at least I think I do) and a macbook (not sure which model, maybe 2007 or something) with 2 GHz processing speed and 2 GB of RAM (upgraded). According to windows' website, it only needs 1 GB of RAM and 1 GHz processing speed, but of course it says nothing about macs. My Ultimate install DVD says the following: "Developer Edition, for internal use only," then it says "This disk contains 32 & 64 bit software" so I'd like to know what developer edition is and also I'd like to know if I should install the 32-bit or 64-bit type. And as far as backups go, time machine is operating at this very moment. I have a mac OS X 10.6 install DVD that I also got for christmas (I got the computer used, came with 10.6.1 loaded on, but no disk or anything) and I have 10.6.8 currently installed on my computer. I'd also like to know if this can install on another family member's computer; windows doesn't matter, but if it's possible that'd be cool, but her sound isn't working and she wants to know if she can install mac 10.6 on her computer to 1. get a better OS and 2. Hopefully fix her no sound problem. She's got the exact same computer as me (macbook, 2 GHz) but only the stock 1 GB of RAM. So thanks in advance!!!!!

Ask a Question