Bootcamp Nightmare

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue here and I'm hoping there is a solution. I used Bootcamp to create a partition for a Windows 7 boot. Everything seemed to be going fine and as the partition was creating I went out and made dinner. When I came back the computer was starting its Windows install. However, the install stops right away saying some nonsense about CD/DVD drivers are missing even though its a full install disc. I have no way to eject the disc thats in the drive as I don't use a standard Mac keyboard and always ejected through the system. I also have no idea how to get Windows to install or what to look for.

The real problem though is that I have no idea how to get back to OSX. When I restart it just boots into this Windows setup nonsense. My worst fear is that OSX has gone away with all of my files.

Was trying to set up this partition so I could play a game coming out...thus far the decision has not been worth it.

Anyone have ideas? Help?

Reaction score
I restarted and held down 'X' and it only gave me an option to continue loading Windows. Does Option do something different?

Ask a Question