boot camp

Reaction score
I have a Imac(tager10.4) my office work requires that I need microsoft IE ?? is using Boot Camp the only way for me to get this??. Has anyone used this?? if so is there any problems !! the write up (and down load) looks like a never ending story any Help thanks Barry

Reaction score
Hi Barry, is there any specific reason why your work requests IE?

IE for the Mac has not been updated in years and is now discontinued.

Firefox is the nearest and will launch sites that IE does and is more compatible with banking sites etc.

IE is normally on the system, do a search via spotlight for IE.

Reaction score
One of the reasons that I need IE is that several sites that i need to down load are for microsoft/IE and I can not get them using safari

Reaction score
Barry,
As suggested try Firefox for Mac which will work for 99% of websites out there.

But I know there are a few sites and web-based software (probably the sort of thing your company is running) which will only work correctly with IE the last conpany I worked for had something similar.

In this case consider purchasing 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' it about £40, it will run IE and has a neat 'coherence' mode which you can read about here: http://www.parallels.com/products/coherence/

or watch it in acton on YouTube:

Hope this helps,
Steve.

Reaction score
WOW Steve!! Thanks for posting that!

I haven't had the time to read up on Parallels and that is a nifty feature!!

Cheerio
Searay

Ask a Question