Boot Camp issue

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not particularly sure if this is where this should go.

I am having an issue with Windows 7 in boot camp. I have installed successfully, and it all worked fine until I installed the drivers from the Mac OSX disk. Windows will get to the "welcome" screen, and than will freeze and I have to power it down by holding the power button. I have tried to go to the apple support site, but It won't even let me log in to ask a simple question on their discussion board.

I know there are fixes for this and that it is a known issue, but most of these fixes require and assume that you have booted windows and are able to use the operating system. I have never been able to use it for more than 10 seconds until it freezes.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13-Inch Unibody
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (latest update)

Reaction score
Ok.. So was able to shut down correctly, and decided to boot through vmware fusion to try and install the correct drivers. I got the latest nVidia drivers downloaded, but when I try to install I get an error "7-Zip: Data error" I assume it's trying to extract the files to my computer, but I don't know what's wrong with it...

Ask a Question