OS X Lion & Windows 7 Bootcamp cursor blinking issue on MB Pro

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having a problem trying to install Windows 7 Professional 64 bit through bootcamp. I love the Mac OS, but I really need Windows to get certain things done.

In case anyone is going to ask, I've purchased OS X Lion through the app store and a Win7 Professional 64x disk from Microsoft.

I have an early 2008 pre-unibody Macbook Pro, so it should support Win7 64x just fine. I just upgraded my hard drive and installed Lion on it clean from a USB bootloader. I follow the instructions given in the pdf for bootcamp 4.0; I make the USB drive with the Mac drivers, and partition my hard drive in the bootcamp assistant, but when it tells me to insert the Win7 instillation disk and start the install, nothing comes up but a black screen with a blinking white cursor in the upper left corner. The Windows installation doesn't continue or anything. I have to hard reset to be able to get back into Mac OS and eject the disk. I've looked into "black screen problems", but those seem to be for different Mac models.

If you guys can offer me some support or advice, it would be very appreciated! I can't believe this is so difficult to do; when I had Leopard and Snow Leopard on this computer, installing Vista through bootcamp was a breeze.

Ask a Question