Battery drain issue after iOS 17 update

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been hoping that the latest iOS update 17.4.1 would address the battery drain issue I've been experiencing since iOS 17.4. Unfortunately, it seems the problem has gotten even worse. My iPhone 12 now only lasts about 5 hours of screen time, whereas on iOS 16, I was getting roughly 10 hours. It's frustrating to see such a drastic decrease in battery life. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reaction score
GCravis, have you checked your Battery Health in Settings > Battery?
If it is unchanged then it is likely that the system or an app is using more power than usual. This is not too unusual after an update but 5hrs is not very long. I get more than 24hrs on my iPhone 13 but my Battery Health is still 94%.

Reaction score
Update: For some reason something is still eating up my battery, I had it replaced a while back, felt like a cheaper thing to do than upgrade to a newer model (no new interesting feature for me). By screen time i meant the amount of time the screen stays on throughout the day.
Basically, it's halved.
I did some workarounds, disabled background usage for some apps, and if I keep my phone on Low Powe Mode, I get around 8-9h of screen time. The Low Power mode doesn't affect my day to day use, so I guess it's a good option for some.

Ask a Question