2015 15 Mac never wakes from safe sleep when battery is drained

Reaction score
This might be a strange question but here goes. When I use my Mac, it sometimes just cuts power when the battery is at high percentages like 90 percent. I've been able to solve this by calibrating the battery but now I have a new issue. When I get the battery to zero and plug in the charger, my Mac doesn't wake up like my other Macs where the moment I plug in the charger and log in, all my apps are still open and I can pick up right where I left off. However, this is no longer the case as when I plug in the charger, I am brought to an apple logo screen with a progress bar, indicating that it has restarted instead of resuming like it is supposed to. And all my apps have to reopen themselves compared to other Macs where I am able to resume where I left off. Does anybody know how to fix this. I have a suspicion that it is the battery as dismantling it shows that it is aftermarket and coconut battery reports no serial number. This is a Mac that I have had serviced recently.

yQ1IU2qQu6hGR1O4.full-2.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Haven't head of that issue before. It definitely looks like it could be a third-party battery. If the battery gets all the way down to 0, then the sleep image may not work and you could get the scenario you are experiencing, but I am not totally sure. Does it happen if you don't let the battery exhaust completely?

C

Ask a Question