Bang my head of a wall!!!! please save my head from exploding

Reaction score
:confused: Hey,

I have a Dual 1.8Ghz PowerPC G5
OS X 10.3.9

i use logic pro 7 on my mac and as i have progressed at using this efficiently i now have added a m-audio soundcard 2496 audiophile, into which i have a mixing desk plugged into the inputs of the card and the outputs of the card into the inputs of my mixer.

now i know i have link this up correctly, but when i go into my system preferences to change the outputs and inputs from built in audio to my soundcard, for some strange reason it is saying it 'the selected device has no output controls' i dont understand????

i have done everything with the soundcard and a signal is coming into the computer........ please help if you can!

thank you so much

tori::confused:

Reaction score
Hi Tori,

Go to the Audio Midi Setup utility in applications>utilities, and on the speaker configuration for output, try resetting it.

Reaction score
i have already tried that, but when i go to system preferences and click on sound, the inputs and outputs are saying that there are no ports??????

i've been to sound control which is where i buy all my mac stuff and i have done what they said and still no joy!!!

any more ideas???

sorry for being a pain but i really do appreciate it.:confused:

tori

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

Sound Control in Manchester ?

Did the "m-audio soundcard 2496 audiophile" come with any software ?

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Actually, the Audiophile 2496 is incompatible with some Dual 1.8GHz G5s. Which exact model do you have? Does it have PCI (not PCI-X) slots and 4 RAM slots?

Also, there is software to be installed for the card...is it installed?

One more thing...are you running the outputs of a mixer into the card and then back out to it from the card?

Reaction score
hey!!!

my mac is a power pc G5 dual 1.8 ghz with 512MB memory.

the sound card did come with software and yes i did install it and then i even downloaded an update because sound control said that may be the problem, and yet still no joy.

my main outputs from my mixer goes into the inputs on the soundcard and the outputs of the soundcard goes into my tape input on the desk, which i have read the maual for my desk and this is how it says to set it up, so as not to get feed back.

thank you

tori

Ask a Question