Automator help

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping someone can help me here!

I'm having trouble with the render action in Automator. I've just downloaded the free photoshop (cs5) plug in for Automator. I'm trying to simply resize the images to 72dpi. My work flow is as follows:
Get specified items in Finder
Open
Resize; 72dpi, selecting nothing else.
Render; selecting jpeg, ticking 'save as jpeg', selecting destination folder which is on the desktop.

Scans: 3
Quality:7
Format options: optimised (tried all 3)

the action fails and the program tells me that 'render was not supplied with the right data'
Adobe photoshop cs5 got an error : can't set <<class pPrf>> to <<constant e440 pxls>>

Anyone got any ideas, I'm sure it's a simple solution but I've exhausted all avenues I can see.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi nomad :)

We have a member here, walrus666 who may be able to help you out.

Remember we are all volunteers here and sometimes our lives become quite busy too, so be patient.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Walrus666 is very smart when it comes to AppleScripting and Automator ... he will rise to the challenge, I'm sure :)

Reaction score
Hello Spawn & Nomad,
Instead of the "Get Specified Finder Items" action, I'd go with the "Ask For Finder Items" action instead. Make sure that the type selected is for files and folders and check the "Allow For Multiple Selection" box.
Secondly, If you merely want to change the resolution, instead of using the "Resize" action, go with the "Change Resolution" action instead.
In addition, make sure that in the "Render" action, everything is in the "default" position, with the exception of the JPEG selection, of course.

Ask a Question