Audio Midi Setup - No show

Reaction score
I'm working with REW and miniDSP on a Lyngdorf MP60 2.1 AV system using a M1 MacMini. I need to see MP60 2.1 on the Audio Midi Setup page, but it will not show. With other audio recording equiptment I have easily created Aggrigate devices on the M1 Mini but the MP60 will not show? MP60 usb out is connected to the usb in of the Mini. It should show up with 7.1 outputs. REW requires this output source to run test and take measurements. Has anyone had problems seeing an AV Processor or AVR in the Audio Midi Setup window?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

The A/V processors I have used have a USB-B device port that connects to a Mac with a USB-A connector for USB streamed playback. From a quick read of the Lyngdorf Audio MP-60 2.1 manual, it has two USB-A ports, and that "This function allows you to select and play music files on attached USB devices (FAT32 format)." You can also "Make a complete system backup, including speaker setup and RoomPerfectTM measurements. You can back up to an USB flash drive or the SD card, if inserted."

Also from the manual:
Streaming Setup
The MP-60 2.1 can access music files on your local network or on a FAT32-formatted storage device connected to any of the USB A inputs, and you can stream music to the MP-60 2.1 from your mobile devices.

As I understand it, those ports aren't configured for direct playback via USB from your Mac, which is why it doesn't appear in Audio MIDI Setup.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for the thoughtful response. I discovered that the MP60's main connection to the Mac Mini is via HDMI. The MP60 HDMI in source is selected by the MP60 remote and the Mac audio Midi setup menu sees the multichannel selection. Audio Midi setup provides a visual selection of all the surround speakers. Each selected speaker in the Mac visual will sound after being selected. For audio interfaces, usb is the main connection but MP60 is a HDMI audio/visual device that depends on HDMI.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Sounds like you have a workable solution. The Lyngdorf is a wonderful unit BTW.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question