Attaching photo files; recipient say they are embedded!

Reaction score
Hello, This is my first post here.

I've been using mail to send photo files for some time now, yesterday someones said could I send the file again because it was 'embedded', I was confused because although the photo does show in the email view I can also see it in the attachment 'Paper clip" as a file to save.
So I don't understand why they can't open it as a full file.
Can anyone shed some light on why they asked for a 'non embedded' file?

This is what they said;
Thank you for your order, could I ask you attach one of the files to an email rather than embedded in the email as this can strip info from the file.

Many thanks for any replies.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

As you stated, when you add a photo attachment to an email in the Apple Mail app, it will show as inline and an attachment when another Mac user receives it. Normally, when PC users receive it, it will show as an attachment as well.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Mail?
-How large are the photos?
-What type of company are you sending the emails to?
-Do you have Send Windows-Friendly Attachments checked in the attachment window in Mail?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

As you stated, when you add a photo attachment to an email in the Apple Mail app, it will show as inline and an attachment when another Mac user receives it. Normally, when PC users receive it, it will show as an attachment as well.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Mail?
-How large are the photos?
-What type of company are you sending the emails to?
-Do you have Send Windows-Friendly Attachments checked in the attachment window in Mail?

C
Thank you for your reply.
-I have Siera
-Mail version 10.2
-Photo files aprox 22mb
- Large Professional photo lab
-Yes it has the Windows friendly attached checked
I have now sent them the file in a folder so there is no problem opening it, but as it is holidays they have not replied to say they can open a full file.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

As a heads-up, many email servers are set to only allow attachments up to 10 MB in size, so luckily it sounds like they may have theirs set a bit higher. That's one of the reasons Apple instituted the new Mail Drop feature using Mail and iCloud.

Let us know if they still have no success.

C

Ask a Question