Attaching a magnifyer via usb

Reaction score
I have a magnifyer (for low vision) attached through my usb. I bought the Elagato so I could attach it, but the only way it sees anything is as a video capture, and I cannot make the window any bigger than a few inches (I have a 29" screen, and it only shows it about 5" x 7" in the center.)

Does anyone know how I can attach this so I can see what is on the magnifyer in a larger screen? (like reading the paper, etc. I really don't want to make a video of the paper and have to play back to read it.)

Reaction score
Elagato is recording software.

Did the Magnifyer come with any software?

Does it show up in iMovies Import window?

Reaction score
I had been trying to find equipment to connect the magnifier to the computer. It is a magnification device called videolupe. It has a power cord, and a connector for a tv, but I want to use it on my computer to view papers, etc. Unfortunately, I have a VewSonic HDMI screen, and it doesn't take a video connection.
I know Elagato is recording software, it came with the converter. iMovie and the other image caputures I can find only locate cameras and scanners - (I have tried iMovie, image capture, MPeg Streamclip, and they don't work...I'm looking for either software or a way to open it via the usb port.

Reaction score
You are right that won't work.
super-imposes the camera’s video signal over the running TV program
This sort of implies that it doesn't generate it's own video signal, not sure.

The only idea I can think of would be to run it into a VCR that can talk to the Elagato connector to the software. We did watch live TV on our Elagato software without recording, but you have to have something generating the VHF signal.

You can't just "Open" a USB port to view the source, only Apps do that.

Reaction score
Really? I just paid $99 for th ebox - sure there isn't any other app or something?

Reaction score
what box? This device is NOT designed to plug into a computer.

What does the plugs on the Videolupe look like? That might give me a clue as to its output.

Did you just buy the Elgato Software or did you get the video capture device.

did you say you can get it to record with the Elgato, if you can then you can watch it live, you just need to bring up the Live Window and make it full screen.

Reaction score
The "Videolube" has an rca (male). The Elgato equipment has the video and audio cables (female) which then go through a rectangle "box" and have a usb out connection.

Since the device is used to read papers, or the written word mainly, it is very hard to record - I guess I could go over each paper, and then pause it as I read it, but I was hoping to do this live. The funny part about this is that I have a tv that works GREAT, but it is totally out of reach for reading papers, etc.

I can bring it up in the elgato screen, but for some reason, it won't enlarge...except of course with the control + scroll...That may be the way I use it from now on...

Thanx!

Ask a Question