Apps Crashing while using bluetooth keyboard

Reaction score
Hi,
I've scoured the internet to the best of my limited abilities, but I have found nothing on this topic. So I'm hoping I can find some help here.
In every App in which I have used the Bluetooth keyboard in Japanese, the App will inevitably crash. I don't think I've seen it crash once while using it in English, but whenever I switch to Japanese while on the Bluetooth Keyboard, I might be able to get a few words in, sometimes type for an entire couple minutes, but ultimately the app will crash if I remain in a text field in Japanese for an extended period of time.
Does this happen to anyone else while typing in other languages? Am I the only person who has slipped through this tiny crack?

It should be noted that the on-screen keyboard in both languages work normally. Typing on a physical keyboard is infinitely easier, particularly in a second language, so I would very much like to resolve this issue if possible.

Ipad New: iOS6

Reaction score
So you're using a Japanese bluetooth keyboard and the iOS language is set to Japanese, and it crashes?

Reaction score
the iOS is set to English.

I have two "keyboards" installed for input: English and Japanese

The soft keyboards work fine.
When I have my bluetooth keyboard connected, English works fine, but Japanese causes every app to crash.

Reaction score
my bluetooth keyboard
is it a Japanese keyboard?

I think you have a miss match, either you are trying to use a Japanese keyboard with the English OS, or you are using an English keyboard to enter Japanese.

neither of these things are likely to work and are likely to crash the apps.

Reaction score
it's the apple wireless bluetooth keyboard in American English format.

it's the same keyboard I use to input both English and Japanese on my computer, so the hardware's inability to do one or the other shouldn't be the issue, as I understand it. in the firmware, when I press command+space to switch to Japanese, iOS recognizes the command and switches over to "allow" me to start typing in Japanese. Sometimes I'll be able to do so without a hitch for a couple minutes, and other times the app crashes as soon as I type my second character.

Reaction score
Sorry iOS and OSX are not the same, just because something works on your Mac is no guaranty that it will work an iOS device, especially User Interface. These are very different on each platform.

There are so many levels where this could crash, and sorry I don't think there is anything that we can do. I suggest you let Apple know via there iOS feedback page.

But I really don't think it is meant to work at all.

Ask a Question