Apple Service Diagnostics trouble reading the TDF file

Reaction score
Hi all I've got a problem with Apple Service Diagnostics 3S108 and for some reason I was unable to find anything about the problem. It's probably that my google-fu is weak :( When I run ASD it comes up the following error -2147483639 Initializing with !!! in the top left whilst a pop up box comes up and says: Apple Service Diagnostics had trouble reading the TDF file, and only gives me the option to restart. My question is, where is the trace definition file, assuming that's what TDF stands for, and what can I do about it? Thanks in advance

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

Is the ASD disk from the Apple tech site or elsewhere ?

If it's from Apple then you can just download another as it sounds like the one you have is corrupt.

Sorry not of much help...

Regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric I got the CDs from the Apple Technitians Training pack you buy off Apples store. Taking your advice I tried the CDs in several different machines, none have returned the same error that I got orginially and annoyingly, every mac book pro that I tried it in, it has run just fine! (MBP's in particular because the machine that errored was a MBP). I haven't been able to find any link from the AppleCare Service Source to download the ASD again, I imagine my login doesn't get me into the right bit of the support page.

Ask a Question