App store will not update

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue over the last few weeks where my Mac (MacBook Pro, Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) will not update any more from the App store. Every time when I log on using my Apple ID, I receive the message below.

Screen+Shot+2015-10-14+at+7.43.27+PM.png

I searched through some of the solutions that I saw posted to an apple forum, but they all seemed to refer to an older OS and I couldn't get them to work.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem with an iPhoto app it has been telling me for weeks that I have an update to do but it keeps telling me its not available at this time

Reaction score
I had a similar experience, but the message was slightly different, in that it said that the iPhoto app had been bought by another customer. I have a 5K retina iMac, early 2015.
I rang Mac and they sorted it for me. Happily it seems there was more than one app after all.

Reaction score
Christie, I am having the same issue..calling for an iPhoto update and then saying it's not available ( it remains to this day) This happened when I downloaded the new OS, also my mac won't sleep since that update. How about you?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Try dragging the iPhoto app to the Trash (don't empty it yet), restart your Mac, then try re-downloading iPhoto from the App Store Purchases tab. If that is successful, empty the Trash.

C

Reaction score
Thanks you much Cory, you're always right on top of things! I'll give your advice a shot when I get home today, and post what happens. Again, thanks for your help

Reaction score
No worries...let us know if that fixes the issue.

C
I have a Macbook Pro El Capitan and Apple Store has been telling me for some weeks now that they have an upgrade for me. It is Iphoto. I have tried numerous times to activiate that upgrade, but I get various error messages, much as some of the other posters explained. I just tried sliding it to the Trash, but that did not work. I have to wonder inasmuch as I have El Capitan, IPhoto is not for me???

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
After iPhoto was moved to the Trash, did iPhoto show in the purchases tab. If so, did it say Update, Download, or Open next to it?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
iPhoto does show in the Purchases tab of the App Store, correct?

Do you have a Time Machine or other backup disk connected? The App Store can see other copies of iPhoto installed on other disks. If so, leave iPhoto in the Trash and disconnect the drives. Then restart.

You could also try signing out of the App Store, then signing back in.

C

Reaction score
I do not have anything attached to the computer. The external drive for backup is not connected. I do not know how to sign off of the Apple Store, but I did quit, and then it came back and everything remains the same.

Reaction score
Cory, I have tried to drop iPhoto in the trash to follow your instructions but the app doesn't want any part of the trash basket. when I attempt to drag it over and place in the trash it jumps right out.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
DixieViking - To sign out of the App Store, click on Store in the menubar and select Sign Out. You can then sign back in.

Gamecube49 - I am not sure why it won't go to the Trash - maybe try Control-clicking or right-clicking the iPhoto app in the Applications folder, then select Move to Trash. It should then prompt you for your computer password.

C

Reaction score
DixieViking - To sign out of the App Store, click on Store in the menubar and select Sign Out. You can then sign back in.

Gamecube49 - I am not sure why it won't go to the Trash - maybe try Control-clicking or right-clicking the iPhoto app in the Applications folder, then select Move to Trash. It should then prompt you for your computer password.

C
Menu Bar? I see Apple Store on the top and I also see it in the Tray , but neither gives me option to sign out.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
In the App Store app, at the top of the screen is the menubar. It contains the drop-down menus:

 App Store Edit Store Window Help

Click on Store and select Sign Out.

C

Reaction score
In the App Store app, at the top of the screen is the menubar. It contains the drop-down menus:

 App Store Edit Store Window Help

Click on Store and select Sign Out.

C
I followed your directions and signed out. The Store Icon is still in my tray at the bottom of the screen and it still has the "1" (white over red) symbol indicating that it has something for me. When I bring it back up, everything is the same except under Store it now asks me to Sign In.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue over the last few weeks where my Mac (MacBook Pro, Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) will not update any more from the App store. Every time when I log on using my Apple ID, I receive the message below.

Screen+Shot+2015-10-14+at+7.43.27+PM.png

I searched through some of the solutions that I saw posted to an apple forum, but they all seemed to refer to an older OS and I couldn't get them to work.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Jdgmartin,

· Disable antivirus software if installed.

· Also, make sure that the firewall is turned off from the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall.

· Make sure Gatekeeper is enabled

Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy then select the General tab.

Now, make sure either Mac App Store or Mac App Store and identified developers are selected. If that area is grayed out, click the padlock icon to proceed.

You can also take some help from Apple support.

Ask a Question