Acrobat Pro .

Reaction score
I'm being warned that my Acrobat Pro v11 will not work after the next OS update because its 32bit. I love the software but the only options are $15 a month or $450 for the new version from Adobe. Is there a workaround or do I just stop updating if I want to continue using this software?

Reaction score
Hmm, yesterday I installed Mojave on a new Samsung 860 EVO 500 gig SSD I purchased (first installed it in a nice Orico external case, then Erased and Formatted it as APFS, and then did the Mojave installation), "migrated"/copied needed "stuff" (including applications) from my late 2012 Mac Mini's internal SSD, and restarted my Mac Mini from that external Mojave "environment". I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro, and when I launched it, it worked fine (at least for the one document I opened with it). I did not get that warning. (I just checked, and it is 64 bit).

What Mac OS are you running now? It is, though, well known that Mojave will be the last Mac OS to support (kind of) 32 bit applications.

Also, here are the results of a google search I just did for "64 bit Mac applications like Adobe Acrobat Pro":

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1.....0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.kLMdDFk_Yzk

This one looks informative:

https://pdf.iskysoft.com/pdf-editor/adobe-acrobat-alternative.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have also installed Mohave and opened documents. But I also get warnings and it directs me to run a system report and go to software then legacy under it. Adobe Acrobat Pro XI shows up under it. How do you determine that is 64 bit.

Reaction score
To determine which applications are 64 bit, and those that are not, click the black Apple icon located in the upper left hand corner, select "About This Mac", then System Report > Applications. A list of the applications installed, and the right most column is entitled "64-Bit (Intel)". For each app, it will say either "Yes" or "No".

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I was able to expand the view out to where I could see the column and understand that the app is 64bit but the updater and other items weren't. Relieved, to say the least

Reaction score
Glad you were able to find out, although I don't know the situation with updaters, etc. I actually have been testing Mojave on an external SSD, along with all my applications (except for one of them Tech Tool Pro which is not yet compatible, and replacing the High Sierra version of Onyx with the Mojave version), documents, settings, etc. The only application I am getting a warning about liKE you is Quicken 2007, which I expected (I also have Quicken 2016). Again, though, with Adobe Acrobat X Pro, I don't get such a warning (I only use that Adobe product for reading PDF documents).

Reaction score
It also showed me things I need to get rid of. What is the quickest way to delete apps on Mac

Reaction score
AppCleaner from here, works very well usually finds all associated files, but sometimes you may have to manually delete a stray file.

Reaction score
AppCleaner from here, works very well usually finds all associated files, but sometimes you may have to manually delete a stray file.

Yes, AppCleaner is excellent. Here is where you can download it:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

You'll need to obtain the one for the Mac OS you are running. It finds most files/folders, etc. associated with an application one os trying to remove (along of course with the application itself). To find and remove any "tray"/leftover/not found files, folders, etc., use a Search tool, either Spotlight, or I use the excellent freeware program EasyFind, available from here:

https://www.devontechnologies.com/products/freeware.html

Ask a Question