2 things...

Reaction score
Hi again all,

Been a while. I am after some help. 1st problem is I have CD's stuck in 2 G5's. Was trying to re-build, but got the wrong G5 disk. I have tried to eject the disk, but with no luck, and keeps going round in a loop. Any advice?

The second problem. We have just purchased 31 Mac mini's. They are in lockable desks, and I can't get them to power on. I have put in times, and tried a few things, has anyone got this working? We really dont want the users to have access to the cupboards to keep booting them.

Any help is great,

Thanks,

Claire

Reaction score
Hi again all,

Been a while. I am after some help. 1st problem is I have CD's stuck in 2 G5's. Was trying to re-build, but got the wrong G5 disk. I have tried to eject the disk, but with no luck, and keeps going round in a loop. Any advice?

The second problem. We have just purchased 31 Mac mini's. They are in lockable desks, and I can't get them to power on. I have put in times, and tried a few things, has anyone got this working? We really dont want the users to have access to the cupboards to keep booting them.

Any help is great,

Thanks,

Claire
Hello,
If you've tried all the usual methods of ejecting a CD or DVD from your computer's optical drive, there are some other methods you can try.

First, quit all applications that are using files on the disc. Then try one of these alternate methods:

Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), select the disc, and choose File > Eject.
Choose Apple menu > Restart and hold down the mouse or trackpad button until the disc ejects.
If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects.
If all other methods fail, you can try to eject the disk using the firmware. (This may not work on all computers. For example, it does not work on Intel-based computers.) The steps below describe how to start up and briefly use the computer with only the firmware loaded, not the standard Mac OS X interface.
To eject a disc using firmware:
Restart the computer.
When you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Command-Option-O-F keys. (The Command key has an Apple on it.)
Release the keys when you see a white welcome screen.
At the prompt, type:
eject cd

Press Return, then wait a few seconds. The disc drive should eject the disc, and "ok" appears on the screen when the action is complete.
Type:
mac-boot

Press Return.
Your computer starts up normally and you see the familiar Mac OS X desktop.

Reaction score
Thanks, the last one could work, will go over and try in a bit. The problem is, I have already removed the O/S, and this is the re-build disk for the wrong G5. Thanks for the tips :)

Reaction score
Just an FYI, you can try to hold down the mouse while the computer is booting. That may eject the CD as well.

Best of luck
Searay

Ask a Question