iPhoto Problem

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Ok, I have a really big problem. I'm trying to copy my iPhoto Library from my internal to my external HD to back it up. Well, it gets to 275 MB (out of 19.something GBs) and I get an error telling me a copy already exists and I can't do anything about it except click ok. I can copy other files just fine like my iTunes stuff. But I'm seriously at a lose. I've done a restart, shutdown, and repaired disk permissions but to no avail. I have one more thing I'm going to try tomorrow. But I'll be happy to hear any thoughts on this one.

Thanks everyone!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Searay,

So, does the external drive really have a copy of the iPhoto Library or is the message you're getting wrong? Since you're trying to copy the file over an existing one, have you tried first to trash/move the old file to another location and then copy the iPhoto Library to the external drive? When you do a get info on the file on the external drive, does it show you have administrative privileges to read/write?

Reaction score
Hi Searay good to hear from you again I think
How are you trying to coppy the file?
Have you tried copying your entire pictures fokder in your home directory by right clicking then paste to your new location. It worked for me .

Ask a Question