Iphoto import and organisation problems

Reaction score
Hi there,

Im new to macs and am now wondering if ive bought an expensive white elephant.

Specifically I want to add a couple of photos to a pre-existing photo folder. There does not seem to be any way to import directly into this folder, so I import into the year folder and then drag the photos into the specific folder I want from within Iphoto. I then add it to the album and key words Ive set up. So far so good. However when I come to view the picture with the rest of the album or keywords it is just a blank image with a big "i" in the middle. Strange because across the top of the screen is a scroll of all the pictures in thumbnail format and the pics ive added are there and visible ok.

Also if I want to organise the pictures I already have in IPhoto, say move some holiday snaps that arn't as good into a seperate folder I also have real problems. Basically there is not an option to export to anything useful. Other niggles are that Shift doesnt select multiple pictures and if I try to bypass these problems by attaching an external hard drive with the pics on already, Iphoto and the finder does not display them as thumbs as windows does .

All in all im doing things wrong and so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Richard

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Richard and welcome,

can I ask what version of iPhoto you have ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there.

Sorry should have mentioned that. Its not the newest version, which I think is 08, but the version before that, so its pretty new.

Ask a Question