Your System Has Run out of Application for Memory

Reaction score
That is what it keeps saying. Most often when I try to write a gMail email. What is going on? Should I use one of the Mac Cleaners. Have a mini Mac that is about three years old.

Reaction score
That is what it keeps saying. Most often when I try to write a gMail email. What is going on? Should I use one of the Mac Cleaners. Have a mini Mac that is about three years old.
Why does my mini Mac keep saying "Your system has run out of application memory." It does this even after I have force quit many programs? I hope that someone else has this problem and offer suggestions. Thanks for your help
Rich Wilder

Reaction score
Looks like you have the 2018 Macmini8,1. What is the size of the SSD and how much memory does it have?

Usually, when the system is running low on available memory, it caches memory content onto the drive, but if you are also running low on drive space, that error is bound to come up. Since the 2018 Mac mini is difficult to upgrade (RAM and SSD), your easiest option is to remove files from your internal drive. It’s really easy to add external drives to the mini, so you can easily move much of your data to external storage.

Reaction score
Looks like you have the 2018 Macmini8,1. What is the size of the SSD and how much memory does it have?

Usually, when the system is running low on available memory, it caches memory content onto the drive, but if you are also running low on drive space, that error is bound to come up. Since the 2018 Mac mini is difficult to upgrade (RAM and SSD), your easiest option is to remove files from your internal drive. It’s really easy to add external drives to the mini, so you can easily move much of your data to external storage.
Thank you so much. I'll try that.

Rich

Ask a Question