Yellow screen, Silverlight crashes

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a Macbook Pro 15'', purchased in late 2010, and I have two problems.

First, the screen has a yellow tinge, but it's different from other "yellow tinge" problems I've read about. Just about every area of the screen that's supposed to be white appears yellow. This started occurring a month or two after I got the computer. I have searched around various websites and only found one other person with the exact same issue. That thread suggested there is a problem with the wiring that links the monitor with the rest of the computer.

Second, most of the time- but not all of the time- when I try to stream Netflix on my computer, (the browser I use is Safari) after a few seconds the computer crashes. The sound keeps going, but the screen freezes and I see a colorful, diagonal crisscrossing pattern across the screen. The only way to fix it is a hard reboot. I'm pretty certain that the problem here is with Silverlight- I've had the computer crash the same way a few times when using other apps, including garageband.

Sorry that this post was a little long. If anyone can relate to either of these problems, I would very much appreciate your feedback. Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
This started occurring a month or two after I got the computer.
Then it was under AppleCare and you should have got it seen to by Apple. I hope you purchased extended AppleCare for hardware issues like this.

If this is a Hardware problem, as it sounds, there is nothing anyone online can do to fix this, take it to an Apple Service Centre.

Problems might be related, but I'd think checking with NetFlix support.

Ask a Question