SOLVED Won't wake up

Reaction score
Often, when my Mac goes to sleep, either from lack of use or command, it will not wake up. I get a beachball that does not move and cannot be removed. I have to turn off Mac and reboot. It does this intermittently. Any suggestions??

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome...sorry for the late reply.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Any know liquid/physical damage?
-Any other issues recently such as freezing/hanging?
-How much free space is left of the drive?

C

Reaction score
iMac model 21.5 in. late 2015
MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4
No damage and no other problems
658.35 GB remaining out of 849.01
Problem intermittent. Sometimes it wakes up normally and suddenly it doesn't. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Reaction score
iMac model 21.5 in. late 2015
MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4
No damage and no other problems
658.35 GB remaining out of 849.01
Problem intermittent. Sometimes it wakes up normally and suddenly it doesn't. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
I can report that since two updates were automatically installed on my Mac a week ago, this has not happened once. have my finges crossed.

Reaction score
I can report that since two updates were automatically installed on my Mac a week ago, this has not happened once. have my finges crossed.
I have been having a similar problem and have been living with it. When it won't wake up, I plug in a thumb drive into a USB port and that wakes it every time. Hope your luck holds out. I am on a Mac mini late 2012, with upgraded memory. OS 10.13.6

Ask a Question