Very slow/laggy MacBook Pro

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro (Late 2011) is running extremely slow. It's super laggy when I do anything, and I get the spinning color wheel a lot. There is a delay when moving between applications and within an application. This issue came about all of a sudden; I have never had issues before now.

I have Yosemite, and it is up to date (Version 10.10.2). I don't have time to take it somewhere to get it looked at b/c of school and fast approaching deadlines. I have been getting some notice that my "Java runtime environment" is out of date. But when I follow the link to to website, and update like it says, I still get that notification so I've stopped updating it. Idk if this has anything to do with that or not. I cleared my browser history, cookies, etc. And I have emptied my trash.

I have a midterm in two weeks, which I need my computer functioning normally to take it.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I have this same problem. Only thing I found is, sometimes when your computer has two networks it tries to connect to at the same time, and they are both bad, it can randomly switch between them, which causes lag. I would like help on my recent question (3 below yours) if you can. Thank you!

Ask a Question