Username/PW screen has no text, font problem?

Reaction score
Any prompt that requires me to put in my system username or password will pull up a screen with no text and will not allow me to enter my information. I was trying to add fonts earlier so I think this may have caused the problem. Anyone know how to fix this?
Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 4.02.10 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It looks to me like you inadvertently disabled some of the required System fonts or have duplicates installed that are conflicting with them. Open Font Book in the Applications folder and look for any that have black dots next to their names. One or some of these are probably the culprit.

Which version of OS X are you using, so we know which fonts are the default System fonts?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It looks to me like you inadvertently disabled some of the required System fonts or have duplicates installed that are conflicting with them. Open Font Book in the Applications folder and look for any that have black dots next to their names. One or some of these are probably the culprit.

Which version of OS X are you using, so we know which fonts are the default System fonts?

C
Yea I think that's the problem I'm running OS X 10.9.5 I think I have duplicates loaded

Ask a Question