USB memory stick light out

Reaction score
Under Windows XP (recent convert here) when undocking a USB memory stick the light would go out, I think the power therefore, but under OS X this does not happen and to signify a successful detachment the light flickers a couple of times.

I tested a theory that it was not a hardware issue as I ran XP on a Mac (I know, I Know) and it behaved as if on XP. So its a software issue -- does anybody know how to cut the power i.e. turn the light off of a USB memory stick when decoupled under Mac OS X 10.5?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying, sorry for the lat response. Well its just from the menu bar, pressing the eject button, but I also have tried dragging the desktop icon to the recycle bin. Both leave the light on under OS X Leopard (even with the new update)

is there some kind of script to cut the power to the USB or something?

Reaction score
The devs say its so an iPod can be charged even when disconnected from itunes. Does anybody know a way around it?

Ask a Question