Upgrade iMac storage

Reaction score
I ordered 512GB SSD storage on an iMac27(2019) and want to upgrade to 2-3T. I ship entire setup to/from FL each year thus need SSD. I know nothing! any help?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The current iMac models don't have user-upgradeable storage. If you want internal storage larger than the 512 GB, you need to have it upgraded at the time of purchase.

I recommend that you simply invest in an external Thunderbolt drive. You can get pretty much any storage capacity you want, and it can be used in the future with other Macs, or if you replace your current iMac. Another good investment would be a second external drive to use for Time Machine or other backups of the data on our internal and external drives.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The current iMac models don't have user-upgradeable storage. If you want internal storage larger than the 512 GB, you need to have it upgraded at the time of purchase.

I recommend that you simply invest in an external Thunderbolt drive. You can get pretty much any storage capacity you want, and it can be used in the future with other Macs, or if you replace your current iMac. Another good investment would be a second external drive to use for Time Machine or other backups of the data on our internal and external drives.

Hope that helps,

C
You might like to know that I have a USB Type C memory stick which has a USB1 connector at the other end. This means I can use it in either of my Macs and even with a Windows machine. Available capacities 32Gb up to 256Gb. Manufacturer seems to be YIF. Others available thro' Amazon .

Ask a Question