Unusual problem with Finder and Recent folders

Reaction score
I can't fix this problem and I couldn't find anything online. A friend noticed that the contents of these two folders had swapped, exactly as if the folder names had been changed - except of course System folder names can't be changed. In a sense it doesn't matter as she can still access her stuff by going into the wrong folder, but it really bugs me! At some stage in the past Recent been modified, not by her, to show only the last 20 or so files (using a Smart Folder? - not a feature I've ever used)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Can you give a bit more information and possibly some screenshots of the issue?
  • Which folders are having the issue - are they in her Home folder or one of the system folders like Library, System, etc.?
  • Does she have Finder > View > Show Path Bar enabled, so she can see where the file(s) are located?
I personally change the New Finder windows show: preference to my Home folder instead of All My Files or Recents, as it never worked they way I wanted it to. ;)

C

Ask a Question