Unix Executable File

Reaction score
I recently upgraded an 800 MHz PowerPC G4 emac to MacOSX 10.4.11.

All old system 9 appleworks files are now unix executable files.

Have no idea how to open.

Assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I recently upgraded an 800 MHz PowerPC G4 emac to MacOSX 10.4.11.

All old system 9 appleworks files are now unix executable files.

Have no idea how to open.

Assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

You can use Pages:

MacHD ~> Apps ~> iWork Trial ~> Pages.

To convert all the Appleworks files to open with Pages just select them all and Control/Right-Click then choose "Show Inspector", which is a group Get Info, then set the "Open With" to Pages then click on "Change All".

Since Pages is only a 30 Day Trial, you'll either need to purchase it or while using it in trial mode, you can convert the files to either Rich Text Document or Text File or something else that is compatible with Microsoft etc.

Text Edit is pre-installed and will handle Rich Text or Text files or you can download a free suite like NeoOffice.

I'm not sure if it's possible to install your version of AppleWorks onto 10.4.11, but if you can do it then you'll be able to update it for free to version 6.2.9 here.

Hope this helps .... :)

Reaction score
I couldn't get the show inspector instructions to work as a 'group' but did follow the same instructions using 'get info' for each file separately then adding .cwk to the file name. Pages opened them immediately.

Thanks..........

Ask a Question