Unfinished Downloads marked as complete

Reaction score

My internet at home has always been slow, but recently it has begun a few new annoying problems. Most prevalent among them is that when downloading files from e-mails or websites the files will stop short while downloading. (Ex. a 2.4 MB file will download to 2.2 MB, stop and then be marked as complete by the system). It has happened with files of various types and sizes and always stops at a certain part on each files. I can download one file 3 times and it will stop at the exact same place each time. HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
Sometimes this is the server not acknowledging the final send because it thinks its finished. If you change the extension of the download to the expected type, does the file open ok?

Reaction score
I'm downloading an attachment from an E-mail (gmail). For pictures, I found out that doing a right-click "save as" will work. but if I click the "Download" button in the e-mail, then it ends the download half way through. I don't have the option of changing the extension. Also i've isolated other websites and think that this is related to Gmail. Since i'm having the most trouble with it when I'm downloading from e-mail, but also some files won't upload to attach to e-mails.

Reaction score
The files are downloaded to your Home >Library > Mail Downloads. you can grab them from there or just drag and drop them to the desktop from Mail.

Ask a Question