Unable to open ZIP File

Reaction score
Hi y'all, im on a Macbook Pro(Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5. The specs are as follows:

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I am trying to open a zipped archive for work and it's very critical(if possible) that i get it opened.
When opening the file i get this error:

Unable to expand "filename.zip" into "File Location" (Error 2 - No such file or directory)

Ive tried both of these solutions:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/135853/error-opening-a-zip-file-no-such-file-or-directory
http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-repair-damaged-zip-files-with-terminal--mac-49294

The second solution did get some folders and a single actual file but that's not nearly anywhere close to the amount of files that were zipped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Was this sent to you? If so are you able to have it resent or checked by the sender?

Did it come as an email attachment?

Have you tried saving it again & dumping the recalcitrant file?

Do you have access to another Mac to see if you can open it there?

PS: I edited your thread just to make it easier for others to read.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

In addition to Spawn_Dooley's comments:

-Was the file created on a Mac or a Windows machine?
-What size is it on the computer that sent it and the file you received?
-Did it come via email, as many email providers (including Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo) have an email attachment file size limit of 10-25 MB.

C

Ask a Question