Trying to install Leopard

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a new macbook pro and in the setup i transferred all my stuff from a previous macbook pro i had been using, that all went fine. So my problem is, along with my new macbook came leopard on a dvd to install, so i inserted the disc and clicked on the icon and nothing happens, all that happend is my screen flashes, no windows open to start the installation, nothing. Am i doing something wrong? I dont know whats wrong and why it wont let me install it.
Thanks!
Michelle

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a new macbook pro and in the setup i transferred all my stuff from a previous macbook pro i had been using, that all went fine. So my problem is, along with my new macbook came leopard on a dvd to install, so i inserted the disc and clicked on the icon and nothing happens, all that happend is my screen flashes, no windows open to start the installation, nothing. Am i doing something wrong? I dont know whats wrong and why it wont let me install it.
Thanks!
Michelle

Hello, which operating system do you currently have on your Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Thanks!
Michelle

If that's a "new" Macbook Pro, chances are Leopard is already installed. Leopard is the name of Apple's current operating system and at the moment it's version is 10.5.2. You can see which version is installed on your Mac by clicking on the apple logo at the top left of your screen, clicking on "About This Mac" and reading the version number that appears on the "About This Mac" window. If the version is only 10.5.0, you might want to consider clicking the "Software Update" button on the same window and update to 10.5.2.
The Leopard installation disc is used to diagnose and solve certain problems on a Mac. Of course, it also installs the operating system and additional software (optional) if you choose to do so, and you accomplish this by "booting up" with the installation disc by placing the installation disc in your drive, restarting your Mac, and pressing the "C" key down until you see a spinning gear on your screen. Eventually, the installation window appears and then you can start the installation process. Be careful. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, since i transferred everything from my other macbook pro, my new one looks identical to my other one, so its still safari. Now if i use the installation cd that came in the box like you said, will that erase everything on it that i transferred from my old one?

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, since i transferred everything from my other macbook pro, my new one looks identical to my other one, so its still safari. Now if i use the installation cd that came in the box like you said, will that erase everything on it that i transferred from my old one?

Hello, have you tried clicking on the apple logo, etc, like I mentioned in my previous post?

Ask a Question