Transfer to Photo Album to MacPro

Reaction score
Since ITunes and IPhotos have been replaced I find new systems really frustrating - especially with photos.
I have loads of Albums on IPAD which sit under "From my Mac". I am trying to transfer all Albums intact.
Firstly using USB cable - can transfer photos to DropBox - but cannot see or identify Albums nor their contents.
Secondly using MacPro Photos - Import - nada.
Thirdly using MacPro Photos - Import all new photos - all of them - nada - only imports loose photos and not those from Albums.
Would like to use synchronise - but only one way - i.e. from IPad to Computer and not import from comp.

Any help welcome please

Reaction score
The term, "From My Mac" describes those photos(in their Albums) that have been synced from your Mac to your iPad. Those photos should still be on your Mac unless: 1) you have deleted them from your Mac or 2) they were synced from a different Mac. If one of those is true, I'm not sure how they are still on your iPad, as they should have been removed during a sync.

In either case you can't sync them back to your Mac. Syncing only works Mac to iPad, not iPad to Mac(except for photos taken with your iPad).

Ask a Question